Director prepares for Iron Man 3
GROVE House’s own director of fundraising, Paul Parrish is really practising what he preaches this weekend as he takes part in his own fundraising Outlaw Triathlon Challenge.
The challenge, which takes place in Nottingham on Sunday August 8, is a full Ironman distance triathlon and will involve swimming 2.4 miles in a cold reservoir, cycling 112 miles and for good measure running a full marathon of 26.2 miles - all in one day.
Paul explained, “I am constantly overwhelmed by the amazing work that goes on here, I listen to our nurses talk with compassion, emotion and love for the people that they look after.
“I hear patients and families talk about their experiences – the care, support and help they receive and I think that the least I can do is swim for a bit, run a few miles, then hop on my bike!”
This will be Paul’s third Ironman distance triathlon for the hospice and to date he has raised over �8,000.
You may also want to watch:
This year Paul is hoping to raise a record amount of money so please help him to help all the patients who benefit from Grove House services by visiting his Justgiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/PaulParrish-Outlaw-Ironman
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home