Director prepares for Iron Man 3
GROVE House’s own director of fundraising, Paul Parrish is really practising what he preaches this weekend as he takes part in his own fundraising Outlaw Triathlon Challenge.
The challenge, which takes place in Nottingham on Sunday August 8, is a full Ironman distance triathlon and will involve swimming 2.4 miles in a cold reservoir, cycling 112 miles and for good measure running a full marathon of 26.2 miles - all in one day.
Paul explained, “I am constantly overwhelmed by the amazing work that goes on here, I listen to our nurses talk with compassion, emotion and love for the people that they look after.
“I hear patients and families talk about their experiences – the care, support and help they receive and I think that the least I can do is swim for a bit, run a few miles, then hop on my bike!”
This will be Paul’s third Ironman distance triathlon for the hospice and to date he has raised over �8,000.
You may also want to watch:
This year Paul is hoping to raise a record amount of money so please help him to help all the patients who benefit from Grove House services by visiting his Justgiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/PaulParrish-Outlaw-Ironman
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations