Dinner date for top diplomat at St Albans restaurant
- Credit: Photo supplied
The Bangladesh High Commissioner attended a dinner at a local restaurant recently to meet British Bangladeshis living in St Albans.
Mohammed Abdul Hannan was invited as a special guest by the local Conservative Friends of Bangladesh (CFOB) at Zaffran Indian Restaurant, Waddington Road, where he was joined by St Albans MP Anne Main.
The MP is chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Bangladesh and in October 2013 she wrote a report on the failures of the garment industry after the Rana Plaza collapse.
The High Commissioner was given the opportunity to answer local concerns about the current situation in Dhaka.
Mrs Main said: “While this was a social event, it was important for the new ambassador to introduce himself to and meet with local residents.”
You may also want to watch:
Rafat Khan, a vice-president of CFOB, and Jomjom Rashid, owner of Zaffran, said: “It was very nice to have Mr Hannan in St Albans. We are trying to establish closer ties between British Bangladeshis and the High Commission of Bangladesh.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans