Dinner date for top diplomat at St Albans restaurant
- Credit: Photo supplied
The Bangladesh High Commissioner attended a dinner at a local restaurant recently to meet British Bangladeshis living in St Albans.
Mohammed Abdul Hannan was invited as a special guest by the local Conservative Friends of Bangladesh (CFOB) at Zaffran Indian Restaurant, Waddington Road, where he was joined by St Albans MP Anne Main.
The MP is chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Bangladesh and in October 2013 she wrote a report on the failures of the garment industry after the Rana Plaza collapse.
The High Commissioner was given the opportunity to answer local concerns about the current situation in Dhaka.
Mrs Main said: “While this was a social event, it was important for the new ambassador to introduce himself to and meet with local residents.”
Rafat Khan, a vice-president of CFOB, and Jomjom Rashid, owner of Zaffran, said: “It was very nice to have Mr Hannan in St Albans. We are trying to establish closer ties between British Bangladeshis and the High Commission of Bangladesh.”
- 1 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 5 Where and when can you see Santa's float in Harpenden?
- 6 St Albans MP unveils new state-of-the art teaching centre as part of multi-million pound Oaklands College redevelopment
- 7 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy
- 8 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 9 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 10 1,000 new homes planned next to village