Dinner and dance fundraiser in London Colney an ‘amazing’ success
- Credit: Archant
Three sisters are celebrating a successful charity dinner and dance evening in London Colney.
Jennifer Roper-Murray, Elaine Hilton and Gloria Jordan collected more than £2,000 for Prostate Cancer UK at a fundraising Dinner and Dance at the St Albans Irish Association in London Colney.
It is a cause close to their hearts because their father, Cyril Roper, was diagnosed in 2016. He is currently receiving radiotherapy treatment at Mount Vernon Hospital in Northwood.
At the event, he spoke about his own experience and the importance of an annual check-up.
Prostate Cancer UK ambassador Errol McKellar, of The Errol McKellar Foundation, also attended the evening.
Jennifer said: “It was amazing. The support we received from local businesses, family and friends was overwhelming.
“He [Cyril] was overwhelmed and he thanked everyone who has supported him on his journey.”
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
She thanked the Irish Association as well. To donate, contact firstname.lastname@example.org