Dinner and dance fundraiser in London Colney an ‘amazing’ success
- Credit: Archant
Three sisters are celebrating a successful charity dinner and dance evening in London Colney.
Jennifer Roper-Murray, Elaine Hilton and Gloria Jordan collected more than £2,000 for Prostate Cancer UK at a fundraising Dinner and Dance at the St Albans Irish Association in London Colney.
It is a cause close to their hearts because their father, Cyril Roper, was diagnosed in 2016. He is currently receiving radiotherapy treatment at Mount Vernon Hospital in Northwood.
At the event, he spoke about his own experience and the importance of an annual check-up.
Prostate Cancer UK ambassador Errol McKellar, of The Errol McKellar Foundation, also attended the evening.
Jennifer said: “It was amazing. The support we received from local businesses, family and friends was overwhelming.
“He [Cyril] was overwhelmed and he thanked everyone who has supported him on his journey.”
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
She thanked the Irish Association as well. To donate, contact email@example.com