Dinner and dance fundraiser in London Colney an ‘amazing’ success
- Credit: Archant
Three sisters are celebrating a successful charity dinner and dance evening in London Colney.
Jennifer Roper-Murray, Elaine Hilton and Gloria Jordan collected more than £2,000 for Prostate Cancer UK at a fundraising Dinner and Dance at the St Albans Irish Association in London Colney.
It is a cause close to their hearts because their father, Cyril Roper, was diagnosed in 2016. He is currently receiving radiotherapy treatment at Mount Vernon Hospital in Northwood.
At the event, he spoke about his own experience and the importance of an annual check-up.
Prostate Cancer UK ambassador Errol McKellar, of The Errol McKellar Foundation, also attended the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Jennifer said: “It was amazing. The support we received from local businesses, family and friends was overwhelming.
“He [Cyril] was overwhelmed and he thanked everyone who has supported him on his journey.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
She thanked the Irish Association as well. To donate, contact firstname.lastname@example.org