Digger used to steal cash machine from Tesco in Shenley
A MECHANICAL digger, believed to have been stolen from the M25, was used to steal a cash machine from the Tesco Express store, in Shenley, at the weekend.
The theft took place at 3am yesterday (Sunday) morning after thieves drove a digger, believed to have been taken from the roadworks area of the motorway, into the front of the store on Porters Park Drive.
The digger was recovered in nearby Radlett Lane.
Det Sgt Yvonee Carroll, investigating, said: “We are working to trace those responsible for this crime, which has caused substantial damage to the store.
“As the vehicle was stolen from the M25, I’d appeal for residents beyond Hertfordshire’s boundaries not to discount anything they may have seen that raised their suspicions in their local area – a suspicious vehicle in the early hours, for example – please get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital