Digger used to steal cash machine from Tesco in Shenley
A MECHANICAL digger, believed to have been stolen from the M25, was used to steal a cash machine from the Tesco Express store, in Shenley, at the weekend.
The theft took place at 3am yesterday (Sunday) morning after thieves drove a digger, believed to have been taken from the roadworks area of the motorway, into the front of the store on Porters Park Drive.
The digger was recovered in nearby Radlett Lane.
Det Sgt Yvonee Carroll, investigating, said: “We are working to trace those responsible for this crime, which has caused substantial damage to the store.
“As the vehicle was stolen from the M25, I’d appeal for residents beyond Hertfordshire’s boundaries not to discount anything they may have seen that raised their suspicions in their local area – a suspicious vehicle in the early hours, for example – please get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans