Development wins Harpenden Society Award
- Credit: Archant
A TOWN-based construction company has won the annual Harpenden Society Award for a housing development close to the High Street.
Jarvis Homes has received the award for The Foresters housing scheme in Harpenden which is located behind Bowers Parade at the north east end of the High Street.
It comprises 18 apartments and three cottages in a central location, all fitted out to a high standard and with secure covered basement parking and storage spaces.
The Harpenden Society makes the award for the development which has enhanced the environment to recognise the winners’ contribution to the community.
Society chairman, Chris Marsden, said, “The development is a significant improvement to this area of Harpenden. The site previously accommodated a car servicing and repair business and a mixture of industrial and retail businesses, some thriving and others in a state of disrepair.
You may also want to watch:
“The resulting new apartments and cottages enhance this area of the High Street.”
Accepting the award on behalf of the company at a ceremony at The Foresters, Mike Peters, managing director of Jarvis Homes commented: “Jarvis Homes is delighted to have been honoured with this prestigious award from The Harpenden Society. It recognises the high quality of design and build of the properties which have transformed the area and provides much needed additional housing in Harpenden.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy