Development wins Harpenden Society Award
- Credit: Archant
A TOWN-based construction company has won the annual Harpenden Society Award for a housing development close to the High Street.
Jarvis Homes has received the award for The Foresters housing scheme in Harpenden which is located behind Bowers Parade at the north east end of the High Street.
It comprises 18 apartments and three cottages in a central location, all fitted out to a high standard and with secure covered basement parking and storage spaces.
The Harpenden Society makes the award for the development which has enhanced the environment to recognise the winners’ contribution to the community.
Society chairman, Chris Marsden, said, “The development is a significant improvement to this area of Harpenden. The site previously accommodated a car servicing and repair business and a mixture of industrial and retail businesses, some thriving and others in a state of disrepair.
You may also want to watch:
“The resulting new apartments and cottages enhance this area of the High Street.”
Accepting the award on behalf of the company at a ceremony at The Foresters, Mike Peters, managing director of Jarvis Homes commented: “Jarvis Homes is delighted to have been honoured with this prestigious award from The Harpenden Society. It recognises the high quality of design and build of the properties which have transformed the area and provides much needed additional housing in Harpenden.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 8 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 9 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes