Damaged overhead wires between Harpenden and Bedford causing delays
- Credit: Franki Berry
Damage to the overhead electric wires between Harpenden and Bedford are causing disruption to journeys between London St Pancras International and Bedford.
Thameslink has said because of the damage trains may be cancelled or delayed for the rest of the day.
During the morning peak there will be significant reductions to services.
Services that run to or from Sutton, Brighton, Peterborough, Horsham and Cambridge will be able to run, however some cancellations on these routes are likely.
There will be a reduced service running on the available lines for journeys from Bedford to London.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket acceptance will take place on Thameslink and Great Northern services running from Peterborough towards London.
Plus London Northwestern Railway services between Bedford and Bletchley and St Albans Abbey to Watford Junction.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
There are also a number of bus services on which tickets will be accepted.
For more information visit Thameslink's website.