Damaged overhead wires between Harpenden and Bedford causing delays
- Credit: Franki Berry
Damage to the overhead electric wires between Harpenden and Bedford are causing disruption to journeys between London St Pancras International and Bedford.
Thameslink has said because of the damage trains may be cancelled or delayed for the rest of the day.
During the morning peak there will be significant reductions to services.
Services that run to or from Sutton, Brighton, Peterborough, Horsham and Cambridge will be able to run, however some cancellations on these routes are likely.
There will be a reduced service running on the available lines for journeys from Bedford to London.
Ticket acceptance will take place on Thameslink and Great Northern services running from Peterborough towards London.
Plus London Northwestern Railway services between Bedford and Bletchley and St Albans Abbey to Watford Junction.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 5 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 8 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
There are also a number of bus services on which tickets will be accepted.
For more information visit Thameslink's website.