Damaged overhead wires between Harpenden and Bedford causing delays
- Credit: Franki Berry
Damage to the overhead electric wires between Harpenden and Bedford are causing disruption to journeys between London St Pancras International and Bedford.
Thameslink has said because of the damage trains may be cancelled or delayed for the rest of the day.
During the morning peak there will be significant reductions to services.
Services that run to or from Sutton, Brighton, Peterborough, Horsham and Cambridge will be able to run, however some cancellations on these routes are likely.
There will be a reduced service running on the available lines for journeys from Bedford to London.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket acceptance will take place on Thameslink and Great Northern services running from Peterborough towards London.
Plus London Northwestern Railway services between Bedford and Bletchley and St Albans Abbey to Watford Junction.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
There are also a number of bus services on which tickets will be accepted.
For more information visit Thameslink's website.