Delays at St Albans Westminster Lodge pool
- Credit: Archant
One of St Albans’ newest leisure centres has become a victim of its own success, with youngsters at times waiting 45 minutes to have a swim.
Westminster Lodge has been using social media to warn visitors of delays to use the small pool over the summer break, because of higher demand.
There is a limit of just 75 children in the pool at a time, apparently because of health and safety rules.
A spokeswoman for the centre explained that at busier times staff were using a “banding system” to help ensure children were not left disappointed and all were given time to enjoy the pool. They are given a coloured band to wear upon entering the centre, and are called to the pool for an hour-long swim.
Youngsters have been allowed to use the soft play area for free on the occasions where there are delays.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said it had been busier when it was raining.
She added: “We’re hugely grateful to the local community for their continued support of Westminster Lodge and are pleased that more families are using our facility to get active during the school holidays.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
“We’ve been keeping users up-to-date on any waiting times in direct response to customer feedback, which asked us to let them know via social media if facilities are busier than usual.”