Delays at St Albans Westminster Lodge pool
- Credit: Archant
One of St Albans’ newest leisure centres has become a victim of its own success, with youngsters at times waiting 45 minutes to have a swim.
Westminster Lodge has been using social media to warn visitors of delays to use the small pool over the summer break, because of higher demand.
There is a limit of just 75 children in the pool at a time, apparently because of health and safety rules.
A spokeswoman for the centre explained that at busier times staff were using a “banding system” to help ensure children were not left disappointed and all were given time to enjoy the pool. They are given a coloured band to wear upon entering the centre, and are called to the pool for an hour-long swim.
Youngsters have been allowed to use the soft play area for free on the occasions where there are delays.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said it had been busier when it was raining.
She added: “We’re hugely grateful to the local community for their continued support of Westminster Lodge and are pleased that more families are using our facility to get active during the school holidays.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
“We’ve been keeping users up-to-date on any waiting times in direct response to customer feedback, which asked us to let them know via social media if facilities are busier than usual.”