Delays affecting First Capital Connect services on Thameslink line - UPDATED
- Credit: Archant
THERE may not be any snow in Hertfordshire, but severe weather in the south of England has had a knock-on effect when it comes to FCC train services through the county.
According to the train operating company poor weather conditions are causing delays to services in southern England after heavy snow fell in many areas overnight.
A spokesman said: “This is causing problems with the signalling systems, where the ‘points’ at junctions are having to be cleared of snow.
“Journeys on the route between Bedford and Brighton will be subject to short notice cancellations and delays of up to 45 minutes.
“Passengers may use: London Underground, Southeastern, Southern and First Capital Connect (Great Northern route) services on any reasonable routes, and East Midlands Trains between Bedford and London St Pancras.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, a broken-down train caused chaos after passengers were forced off at Radlett, which saw Twitter users condemn a lack of announcements or information from FCC platform staff.
The blockage has now been cleared and subsequent trains are passing through the station.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 7 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 8 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 9 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Further updates as they become available.