Delays affecting First Capital Connect services on Thameslink line - UPDATED
- Credit: Archant
THERE may not be any snow in Hertfordshire, but severe weather in the south of England has had a knock-on effect when it comes to FCC train services through the county.
According to the train operating company poor weather conditions are causing delays to services in southern England after heavy snow fell in many areas overnight.
A spokesman said: “This is causing problems with the signalling systems, where the ‘points’ at junctions are having to be cleared of snow.
“Journeys on the route between Bedford and Brighton will be subject to short notice cancellations and delays of up to 45 minutes.
“Passengers may use: London Underground, Southeastern, Southern and First Capital Connect (Great Northern route) services on any reasonable routes, and East Midlands Trains between Bedford and London St Pancras.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, a broken-down train caused chaos after passengers were forced off at Radlett, which saw Twitter users condemn a lack of announcements or information from FCC platform staff.
The blockage has now been cleared and subsequent trains are passing through the station.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
Further updates as they become available.