Defibrillator installed at St Albans community centre
- Credit: photo supplied
Vital life-saving equipment has been installed in a special cabinet outside a community centre.
An Automated External Defibrillator (AED) has been put in place outside Greenwood Park community centre in Chiswell Green for the use of visitors to the centre and the park itself.
It has been installed by St Stephen parish council which paid the balance after user groups from the centre and park raised £1,600 towards the cost.
The AED has been installed in a purpose-built cabinet outside the community centre to ensure that it is accessible to all. It can be used by anyone,, irrespective of whether they have had any first aid training or not, as the machine will talk the user through the whole procedure.
The machine will analyse and determine whether to deliver a shock to a person who has suffered a cardiac arrest and will continue to monitor the casualty and give the user instructions until the emergency services take over.
You may also want to watch:
* A man who collapsed and died in Greenwood Park a month ago has still not been named.
The man in his 40s died on Sunday, December 14, despite attempts by ambulance crews to revive him.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre