Women urged to register for St Albans Race for Life 2018
- Credit: Archant
The deadline to sign up for this year’s Race for Life is fast approaching.
Women are being urged to register for 2018’s 5k or 10k running event, organised by Cancer Research UK, before it is too late.
About 1,250 women have already committed and there are only 200 places left for the Verulamium Park route on July 22.
Event manager for Race for Life in Hertfordshire, Courtney Culverhouse, said: “Every day, around 90 people are diagnosed with cancer in the east of England.
“Now is the time to commit to Race for Life, join like-minded ladies at the start line and make a real difference in the fight against the disease.
You may also want to watch:
“By taking part and raising money, our participants will play a crucial role in helping to turn discoveries made in the lab into new, better treatments for patients in Hertfordshire and across the UK.”
Entry closes on July 20 - visit raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years