Dead Body Identified And Murder Investigation Launched
A MURDER investigation has been launched following the discovery of a man s body at a country park near Radlett yesterday (Wednesday). Gary Bennett, 46, was found dead at around 8.50am in Aldenham Country Park, Elstree, having sustained fatal head injurie
A MURDER investigation has been launched following the discovery of a man's body at a country park near Radlett yesterday (Wednesday).
Gary Bennett, 46, was found dead at around 8.50am in Aldenham Country Park, Elstree, having sustained fatal head injuries.
Police are treating the death as suspicious and are appealing to members of the public to help them trace his last movements.
Mr Bennett, from Watford, was a white man of a large built, around 6ft tall with short dark hair and wearing a yellow high visibility jacket, grey cargo bottoms and black boots at the time of his death.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe that he was assaulted after leaving his home in Little Oxhey Lane at 5am. His body was found near a disused kiosk and adjacent to a car park in Dagger Lane.
Detective superintendent Mick Hanlon, of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: "We are treating this as a murder investigation and we are appealing to the public to come forward with any information that can help us establish what happened yesterday morning.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
"We are keen to track Gary's last movements and are appealing to anyone who saw him after he left home, or saw anyone fitting his description or anything suspicious in the vicinity.
"We would also like to speak to anyone who knew Gary and has been in contact with him over the past week. If you have any information at all, no matter how insignificant you might think it is, please get in touch. You can do this in confidence via the incident room number 01707 355959 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
The area remains cordoned off at this time and the mobile police station is on the scene.