Dead Body Identified And Murder Investigation Launched
A MURDER investigation has been launched following the discovery of a man s body at a country park near Radlett yesterday (Wednesday). Gary Bennett, 46, was found dead at around 8.50am in Aldenham Country Park, Elstree, having sustained fatal head injurie
A MURDER investigation has been launched following the discovery of a man's body at a country park near Radlett yesterday (Wednesday).
Gary Bennett, 46, was found dead at around 8.50am in Aldenham Country Park, Elstree, having sustained fatal head injuries.
Police are treating the death as suspicious and are appealing to members of the public to help them trace his last movements.
Mr Bennett, from Watford, was a white man of a large built, around 6ft tall with short dark hair and wearing a yellow high visibility jacket, grey cargo bottoms and black boots at the time of his death.
Police believe that he was assaulted after leaving his home in Little Oxhey Lane at 5am. His body was found near a disused kiosk and adjacent to a car park in Dagger Lane.
Detective superintendent Mick Hanlon, of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: "We are treating this as a murder investigation and we are appealing to the public to come forward with any information that can help us establish what happened yesterday morning.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
"We are keen to track Gary's last movements and are appealing to anyone who saw him after he left home, or saw anyone fitting his description or anything suspicious in the vicinity.
"We would also like to speak to anyone who knew Gary and has been in contact with him over the past week. If you have any information at all, no matter how insignificant you might think it is, please get in touch. You can do this in confidence via the incident room number 01707 355959 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
The area remains cordoned off at this time and the mobile police station is on the scene.