David Beckham in car crash near Arsenal’s London Colney training ground - UPDATED
- Credit: Archant
David Beckham and his teenage son were involved in a car crash in London Colney yesterday (Saturday).
The 39-year-old former England football team captain and Brooklyn, 15, were reportedly on the way back from a game at the Arsenal training ground, where the youngster plays for the club’s under-16s.
At 1.29pm, police were called to the incident. They would not confirm it was the Beckhams but said that a grey Audi RS6 had collided with a silver Mitsubishi Colt.
Brooklyn - the eldest of David and pop star fashion icon Victoria’s four children - had been playing against Brighton’s under-16 team.
Initial reports suggested David was slightly injured. Brighton player bystander @_ArchieDavies Tweeted: “Just seen David Beckham looks like he got in a car crash and hurt his shoulder”. But latest accounts say both Beckhams escaped unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
The woman driving the other vehicle was taken to hospital. Her car is a write off and she sustained whiplash and bruising, according to witnesses.
A young Brighton footballer (@ThomasCadman123) took to Twitter afterwards, posting: “Weird to play against Brooklyn Beckham earlier. Even weirder to be currently stuck behind David Beckham as he has crashed his car…”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
Beckham’s car was not able to be used following the smash, and they were driven off in another vehicle.
Arsenal staff ushered onlookers away from the Bell Lane scene, which is said to have left the pair shaken.
Apparently the Audi was damaged on the driver’s side and the airbags had deployed.
The father and son experienced a car accident just over a year ago – when, allegedly, their black Range Rover Sport, crashed outside their Beverly Hills home, last October.
Brooklyn was signed by Arsenal on a short-term contract, after wowing Emirates coaches recently.
It is thought that brothers Romeo, 12, and nine-year-old Cruz represent the club’s under-13s and under-10s teams, respectively.
Keep checking hertsad.co.uk for further updates.