David Beckham car crash near Arsenal’s London Colney grounds under investigation - FURTHER UPDATE
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation into David Beckham’s car crash near Arsenal's training grounds in London Colney late last year has now been completed, with no action being taken against the star.
The former England captain suffered a minor injury during a collision with another car shortly after collecting his and Victoria Beckham’s eldest son Brooklyn from the Gunners’ grounds, Bell Lane, on November 29.
While Brooklyn - who was then aged 15 and had been playing for the Arsenal youth side at that time - was uninjured in the crash, the occupants of the other car were taken to hospital.
The teenager’s team had been playing in a match against Brighton and Hove Albion Under 18s, which was drawn 3-3.
The collision involved a grey Audi RS6 - Beckham’s vehicle - and a silver Mitsubishi Colt.
Beckham is understood to have suffered slight injuries in the crash, which was investigated by the process and collisions department, a unit based at Hatfield Police Station.
The unit investigates collisions when necessary, to establish whether any offences have been committed by those involved – but it does not apportion blame or liability in crashes.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
The Herts Advertiser was told today (Friday March 20) by a police spokesman that “neither party is facing any action, so it goes to their insurance companies to investigate now”.
The collision occurred just over a year after the star had a crash outside his Beverly Hills home, also with his son Brooklyn in the vehicle.
Earlier this year news broke that a scrap dealer in Halifax was trying to sell Beckham’s Audi, described as an “ex-celebrity” car, for close to £43,000.
But a source in the industry yesterday told this paper that the vehicle is now being repaired and is likely to be sold at a later date.