Daughter’s 14-mile trek across Dales in memory of St Albans mother
THE daughter of a former St Albans resident who lost her two year battle against cancer has raised over �2,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
On August 14 Eloise Bell and husband Richard took part in the Jane Tomlinson Walk for All – a 14 mile trek through the Yorkshire Dales.
Her mother, 56-year-old Wendy Cathcart, passed away on July 19 in a Watford hospice after being diagnosed with cancer of the uterus in 2008.
Aunt Jakki Cullen said: “The whole family would like to thank the ongoing support given by the Macmillan staff which has been invaluable and also thank everyone who attended Wendy’s funeral.”
Mrs Bell took part in the charity trek to show her gratitude for the charity which had provided valuable practical and psychological support to her mother.
You may also want to watch:
Their sponsorship includes a �1,001 donation from her mother’s ex-husband, Mark Cathcart, who matched the amount his daughter had raised.
For more information visit www.justgiving.com/ellarichbell
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire