Daring Brigitee taking the plunge
DAREDEVIL Brigitte Segers will be throwing herself out of a plane in April to raise money for a charity very close to her heart. The 22 year old from Park Street is taking on the challenge in the name of Breast Cancer Care because two of her aunts suffere
DAREDEVIL Brigitte Segers will be throwing herself out of a plane in April to raise money for a charity very close to her heart.
The 22 year old from Park Street is taking on the challenge in the name of Breast Cancer Care because two of her aunts suffered from and survived the condition.
The former Francis Bacon School pupil, who lives off Penn Road with her parents and younger brother, is a receptionist at SA Law in London Road, St Albans.
It won't be the first time that Brigitte has tried an adrenalin-fuelled stunt - she completed a bungee jump a couple of years back.
You may also want to watch:
She admits the experience was 100 times scarier than she expected and one which she vowed never to repeat.
So, needless to say, Brigitte is somewhat apprehensive about the up-and-coming skydive, especially since she has a slight fear of heights.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
She said: "I will be free-falling out of a plane, 13,000ft high, diving down at a speed of over 120mph. I am not going to lie - I am absolutely dreading it but it will be worth it if I can raise money for such an important cause."
Brigitte, who was born in Holland, will be going to Cambridgeshire on April 12 with a group of her friends and family who will be there to support her.
She has raised more than £200 in sponsorship so far but she hopes to make at least £450 to help those with breast cancer.
To sponsor her at a secure online donation page then visit http://www.justgiving.com/brigittesegers