Daring Brigitee taking the plunge
DAREDEVIL Brigitte Segers will be throwing herself out of a plane in April to raise money for a charity very close to her heart. The 22 year old from Park Street is taking on the challenge in the name of Breast Cancer Care because two of her aunts suffere
DAREDEVIL Brigitte Segers will be throwing herself out of a plane in April to raise money for a charity very close to her heart.
The 22 year old from Park Street is taking on the challenge in the name of Breast Cancer Care because two of her aunts suffered from and survived the condition.
The former Francis Bacon School pupil, who lives off Penn Road with her parents and younger brother, is a receptionist at SA Law in London Road, St Albans.
It won't be the first time that Brigitte has tried an adrenalin-fuelled stunt - she completed a bungee jump a couple of years back.
She admits the experience was 100 times scarier than she expected and one which she vowed never to repeat.
So, needless to say, Brigitte is somewhat apprehensive about the up-and-coming skydive, especially since she has a slight fear of heights.
- 1 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 8 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 9 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
She said: "I will be free-falling out of a plane, 13,000ft high, diving down at a speed of over 120mph. I am not going to lie - I am absolutely dreading it but it will be worth it if I can raise money for such an important cause."
Brigitte, who was born in Holland, will be going to Cambridgeshire on April 12 with a group of her friends and family who will be there to support her.
She has raised more than £200 in sponsorship so far but she hopes to make at least £450 to help those with breast cancer.
To sponsor her at a secure online donation page then visit http://www.justgiving.com/brigittesegers