Darcys resaurant fundraising for St Albans’ Grove House hospice
WELL-KNOWN St Albans restaurant, Darcys, will donate one pound to Iain Rennie Grove House (IRGH) for every table booked.
Now in its ninth year, the independently-operated restaurant in the heart of St Albans offers fresh and innovative food in a warm, welcoming environment.
The restaurant has traditionally supported IRGH since the sad death of joint owner, Kate D’Arcy, in June 2010.
Proprietor and executive chef, Ruth Hurren, explained: “Kate was not only my business partner but a dear friend too. She received very special care from IRGH during the final days of her illness, we are all keen to put something back so that others can experience the type of support Kate had.”
She continued: “As well as donating one pound for each booking, we will also be supporting this year’s IRGH Midnight Walk. We will be providing a prize as usual and a team of us from the restaurant will be walking on Saturday, June 16, with the hundreds of other local people taking part.”
You may also want to watch:
To book a table at Darcys, phone 01727 730666 or visit www.darcysrestaurant.co.uk
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests