Darcys resaurant fundraising for St Albans’ Grove House hospice
WELL-KNOWN St Albans restaurant, Darcys, will donate one pound to Iain Rennie Grove House (IRGH) for every table booked.
Now in its ninth year, the independently-operated restaurant in the heart of St Albans offers fresh and innovative food in a warm, welcoming environment.
The restaurant has traditionally supported IRGH since the sad death of joint owner, Kate D’Arcy, in June 2010.
Proprietor and executive chef, Ruth Hurren, explained: “Kate was not only my business partner but a dear friend too. She received very special care from IRGH during the final days of her illness, we are all keen to put something back so that others can experience the type of support Kate had.”
She continued: “As well as donating one pound for each booking, we will also be supporting this year’s IRGH Midnight Walk. We will be providing a prize as usual and a team of us from the restaurant will be walking on Saturday, June 16, with the hundreds of other local people taking part.”
You may also want to watch:
To book a table at Darcys, phone 01727 730666 or visit www.darcysrestaurant.co.uk
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'