Daniel's Arsenal dream comes true
A YOUNG Arsenal fan from St Albans enjoyed a dream day out when he went to see his favourite club play for the first time. Seven-year-old Daniel Wright, of Chalkdell Fields, won two tickets to see Arsenal play at the Emirates Stadium when he entered a com
A YOUNG Arsenal fan from St Albans enjoyed a dream day out when he went to see his favourite club play for the first time.
Seven-year-old Daniel Wright, of Chalkdell Fields, won two tickets to see Arsenal play at the Emirates Stadium when he entered a competition in the Herts Advertiser. His father Graham, who went with his son, is also a football fanatic and said they both had a wonderful time.
Father and son came back from holiday in Cornwall a day early for the Emirates Cup matches in which Real Madrid played Hamburg, and Arsenal played Juventus. Arsenal lost 1-0, but Graham said it did not spoil the fun for Daniel.
Daniel, who goes to Wheatfields JMI School and plays football for Harvesters FC in Smallford, has always wanted to watch his heroes play at the Emirates Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Graham said it was a memorable trip for his son. He added: "Daniel has been bitten by the bug, and with the football season just starting, he is now asking to go again.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award