Daniel's Arsenal dream comes true
A YOUNG Arsenal fan from St Albans enjoyed a dream day out when he went to see his favourite club play for the first time. Seven-year-old Daniel Wright, of Chalkdell Fields, won two tickets to see Arsenal play at the Emirates Stadium when he entered a com
A YOUNG Arsenal fan from St Albans enjoyed a dream day out when he went to see his favourite club play for the first time.
Seven-year-old Daniel Wright, of Chalkdell Fields, won two tickets to see Arsenal play at the Emirates Stadium when he entered a competition in the Herts Advertiser. His father Graham, who went with his son, is also a football fanatic and said they both had a wonderful time.
Father and son came back from holiday in Cornwall a day early for the Emirates Cup matches in which Real Madrid played Hamburg, and Arsenal played Juventus. Arsenal lost 1-0, but Graham said it did not spoil the fun for Daniel.
Daniel, who goes to Wheatfields JMI School and plays football for Harvesters FC in Smallford, has always wanted to watch his heroes play at the Emirates Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Graham said it was a memorable trip for his son. He added: "Daniel has been bitten by the bug, and with the football season just starting, he is now asking to go again.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans