Dance and donate to help St Albans support Philippines typhoon victims
- Credit: Archant
Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre is calling on people to put their best foot forward and take part in a dance class to raise money for victims of the Philippines typhoon.
The Dance Fusion class is being held this Saturday (14) and will feature a range of different dance styles including ballroom and Zumba.
Chris Dennis, group exercise co-ordinator at Westminster Lodge, said: “The Everyone Active team wanted to do something that brought the community together to help raise funds for the people who have been affected by the devastation of Typhoon Haiyan.
“What better way to raise money than to do something that’s fun and gets us all moving? We hope everyone will join us in helping to support those affected by this tragedy.”
The hour-long class is free but donations will be collected to go towards the Philippines Typhoon Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
It starts at 11.45am and is open to both members and non-members. Places are limited so booking in advance is advised.
Call 01727 736080 or visit www.everyoneactive.com for more information.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital