Dance and donate to help St Albans support Philippines typhoon victims
- Credit: Archant
Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre is calling on people to put their best foot forward and take part in a dance class to raise money for victims of the Philippines typhoon.
The Dance Fusion class is being held this Saturday (14) and will feature a range of different dance styles including ballroom and Zumba.
Chris Dennis, group exercise co-ordinator at Westminster Lodge, said: “The Everyone Active team wanted to do something that brought the community together to help raise funds for the people who have been affected by the devastation of Typhoon Haiyan.
“What better way to raise money than to do something that’s fun and gets us all moving? We hope everyone will join us in helping to support those affected by this tragedy.”
The hour-long class is free but donations will be collected to go towards the Philippines Typhoon Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
It starts at 11.45am and is open to both members and non-members. Places are limited so booking in advance is advised.
Call 01727 736080 or visit www.everyoneactive.com for more information.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden