‘Deliberate’ damage to tomb at St Albans cemetery
- Credit: Archant
Damage to a tomb at Hatfield Road Cemetery was deliberate, police have confirmed.
Officers were called to the facility on Monday September 14 after the damage was discovered.
St Albans Ch Insp Lynda Coates said: “Following our enquiries we believe the damage to be deliberate rather than caused by an animal or by environmental changes.
“We have been supporting the family at this distressing time and working in partnership with cemetery staff, as well as local stonemasons who have repaired the damage.
“This is an unusual case for all involved and we are continuing our investigation and our appeal for witnesses.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been no further reports of any other similar damage.”
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact police via 101 quoting reference 41/73721/20.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 9 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 10 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest