Dad delivers daughter with instructions over the phone
PROUD Dad James Sigler will always have a special bond with his baby daughter – because he delivered her on the bathroom floor of his St Albans home. James, aged 35, had no option other than to get on with it when wife Zoe, aged 31, shouted that the baby
PROUD Dad James Sigler will always have a special bond with his baby daughter - because he delivered her on the bathroom floor of his St Albans home.
James, aged 35, had no option other than to get on with it when wife Zoe, aged 31, shouted that the baby was coming after getting out of the shower yesterday (Wednesday) morning.
Within 10 minutes of Zoe's cry for help, James had delivered the couple's 7lb 7oz daughter, who has been tentatively named Daisy, on the bathroom floor of their home in St Vincent Drive.
Adrenalin kicked in as the baby's head appeared and Zoe's mother Sue relayed advice to James from the phone as she was speaking to the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
He was concerned about cutting the cord but in the event the paramedics turned up in time to help him with it.
James said that he had just got back from taking their son Toby, four, to nursery and had found the roads to be treacherous.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 9 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
Zoe was already having contractions and they did not know what to do because of the poor road conditions so he rang Watford Hospital for advice.
He was told the contractions were not long enough to warrant Zoe coming in yet and advised her to have a bath to ease the pain.
But she had only just managed to have a shower when the baby decided to make an appearance.
James admitted that had anyone told him he would be delivering his own baby before yesterday, he wouldn't have known what to do.
He went on: "I am a self-employed graphic designer and all my clients were saying you're not going to become a midwife now are you."
The midwife called after Zoe had given birth and she decided that both mother and baby were fine and did not need to go to hospital.
James joked: "Zoe was sitting up in bed so I told her she could get down the gym by 3pm!