Cyclists welcome dozens of parking racks at stations
CYCLISTS have welcomed more than 100 new parking spaces provided at St Albans City Station. They have praised train operators First Capital Connect (FCC) for installing the lion s share at St Albans of the 675 extra cycle spaces being provided across 30
CYCLISTS have welcomed more than 100 new parking spaces provided at St Albans City Station.
They have praised train operators First Capital Connect (FCC) for installing the lion's share at St Albans of the 675 extra cycle spaces being provided across 30 stations.
Cyclist and former spokesperson for the St Albans Cycle Users Group, Peter Wares, said that for years the supply of secure sheltered cycle parking facilities at the station had lagged behind demand.
He added: "The unsightly sight of cycles chained to railings and lamp posts around the station site in the past has helped push First Capital Connect into providing improved cycle parking facilities in their effort to smarten up the station's forecourt."
You may also want to watch:
There are now an additional 116 cycle parking spaces at St Albans together with 44 more at Harpenden.
Blob* FCC has asked us to point out that the first off-peak train from St Albans to London at 9.34am is to be doubled in length with the introduction of new winter timetables this month.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company