Cyclists welcome dozens of parking racks at stations
CYCLISTS have welcomed more than 100 new parking spaces provided at St Albans City Station. They have praised train operators First Capital Connect (FCC) for installing the lion s share at St Albans of the 675 extra cycle spaces being provided across 30
CYCLISTS have welcomed more than 100 new parking spaces provided at St Albans City Station.
They have praised train operators First Capital Connect (FCC) for installing the lion's share at St Albans of the 675 extra cycle spaces being provided across 30 stations.
Cyclist and former spokesperson for the St Albans Cycle Users Group, Peter Wares, said that for years the supply of secure sheltered cycle parking facilities at the station had lagged behind demand.
He added: "The unsightly sight of cycles chained to railings and lamp posts around the station site in the past has helped push First Capital Connect into providing improved cycle parking facilities in their effort to smarten up the station's forecourt."
There are now an additional 116 cycle parking spaces at St Albans together with 44 more at Harpenden.
Blob* FCC has asked us to point out that the first off-peak train from St Albans to London at 9.34am is to be doubled in length with the introduction of new winter timetables this month.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins