Woman in her 60s injured in St Albans crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after a cyclist was seriously injured in a crash in St Albans.
Just before 2pm today a cyclist was involved in a crash with a red Honda Civic car in Sandpit Lane.
The cyclist, a woman in her 60s, was taken to hospital with serious injuries. The man driving the car was not injured.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident, and was reopened at around 5.10pm.
Sgt Will Hood from the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Road Policing Unit said: “We are working to establish the exact circumstances surrounding this collision and I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident and has not yet spoken to police.
“If you have a dash cam fitted in your vehicle and believe you may have footage that could assist our investigation please also contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sgt Hood by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, to call the non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 406 of November 2, or to report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Sex pervert jailed for six and a half years