Woman in her 60s injured in St Albans crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after a cyclist was seriously injured in a crash in St Albans.
Just before 2pm today a cyclist was involved in a crash with a red Honda Civic car in Sandpit Lane.
The cyclist, a woman in her 60s, was taken to hospital with serious injuries. The man driving the car was not injured.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident, and was reopened at around 5.10pm.
Sgt Will Hood from the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Road Policing Unit said: “We are working to establish the exact circumstances surrounding this collision and I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident and has not yet spoken to police.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have a dash cam fitted in your vehicle and believe you may have footage that could assist our investigation please also contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sgt Hood by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, to call the non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 406 of November 2, or to report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 8 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works