Cyclist attempts to steal woman’s bag on Alban Way in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist attempted to snatch a woman’s handbag as she walked along the Alban Way yesterday morning.
The woman was walking along the footpath as it passes underneath Ashley Road towards St Albans, at around 7.45am, when the would-be thief approached her from behind on a bicycle and demanded she handed over her handbag.
The woman refused and the cyclist tried to snatch it from her before riding off empty-handed along the Alban Way towards St Albans.
He is described as a white man, in his early 20s, of slim build, about 6ft. He was wearing a navy blue zip-up hooded sweatshirt with a Lacoste logo on it and the hood up, and mid-blue jeans. He was riding a silver/blue mountain bike with thin wheels and Bianchi on the crossbar.
Det Sgt Carolyn Taylder said: “The woman was fortunately uninjured but shaken by the attempted robbery. We would like to speak to anyone who saw the incident or recognises the description of the offender to get in touch with us.”
You may also want to watch:
Call the non-emergency number 101 if you can help.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction