Cuthberts Toys closes St Albans shop after falling £14,000 in arrears
- Credit: Archant
Cuthberts Toys has closed its St Albans branch after becoming insolvent.
Records from Companies House showed the company had fallen £14,000 into arrears.
Christopher Place manager Catherine Morris said: ”We are deeply saddened by the news that Cuthberts Toys has gone into liquidation, partly the victim of a lack of local support.
“We need to support our independent shops or more will close.”
The shop’s premises at Christopher Place has already been put up for let, and its other branches in Hatfield and Stevenage have already shut.
You may also want to watch:
The owners attempted to continue trading by coming to an agreement with its creditors.
However a letter from the company’s insolvency practitioner Peter Wastell read: “The company could only afford to pay £1,000, due to adverse trading conditions, unexpectedly low turnover, and the inability to negotiate more favourable terms with the landlord.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash