Cuthberts Toys closes St Albans shop after falling £14,000 in arrears
- Credit: Archant
Cuthberts Toys has closed its St Albans branch after becoming insolvent.
Records from Companies House showed the company had fallen £14,000 into arrears.
Christopher Place manager Catherine Morris said: ”We are deeply saddened by the news that Cuthberts Toys has gone into liquidation, partly the victim of a lack of local support.
“We need to support our independent shops or more will close.”
The shop’s premises at Christopher Place has already been put up for let, and its other branches in Hatfield and Stevenage have already shut.
You may also want to watch:
The owners attempted to continue trading by coming to an agreement with its creditors.
However a letter from the company’s insolvency practitioner Peter Wastell read: “The company could only afford to pay £1,000, due to adverse trading conditions, unexpectedly low turnover, and the inability to negotiate more favourable terms with the landlord.”
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire