Customers help foil Harpenden store raid
A SHOP owner in Harpenden has thanked two customers who helped her deal with a theft on Monday. Suzanne Francey, owner of The Daisy Chain Store, a childrenswear shop on the High Street, was manning the shop floor on Monday afternoon at around 2.45pm when
A SHOP owner in Harpenden has thanked two customers who helped her deal with a theft on Monday.
Suzanne Francey, owner of The Daisy Chain Store, a childrenswear shop on the High Street, was manning the shop floor on Monday afternoon at around 2.45pm when two young women with a baby came in and began behaving suspiciously.
Suzanne said that she knew something was wrong: "The young mother was distracting me with her baby whilst the other skulked in the background. Two other young women came in just after them and, because they too sensed a bad vibe, they decided to stay put to make sure I was okay."
The young mother's friend stole a pair of socks and a christening gown and ran out of the store, setting off the alarm. Suzanne chased her outside and after a brief confrontation, she managed to persuade the culprit to return the goods.
You may also want to watch:
Suzanne said that she was very grateful for the support that the two young customers offered: "I think the whole saga would've been far more traumatic had I have been on my own. Those two women, both in their late 20s, have restored my faith in the general public who so often turn a blind eye when a crime is being committed.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 Green light given to new hospital project
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area