Customer forum to be held for proposed move of Harpenden post office
- Credit: Archant
A proposed post office move will be the subject of a customer forum next Wednesday, June 8.
The plan is to move the Harpenden post office from its current location in Station Road to the WHSmith store located in the High Street.
The forum will take place between 3.30pm and 7.45pm at Harpenden Public Halls in Southdown Road.
The relocation would see the post office franchise with WHSmith, providing an extra nine and a half hours of service a week including opening on Sundays.
Roger Gale, general manager of the Post Office Crown Network, said: “We are committed to keeping our services on the high streets, which we know is hugely important to people.
“We need to make changes so that we can continue to do that into the future.”
Existing staff at the Harpenden branch will be able to transfer their employment to WHSmith and options are being discussed with them individually
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
Public consultation on the proposals runs until June 22 and customers can take part by phone, online or post.
To give your view and for more information, visit www.postofficeviews.co.uk