Customer forum to be held for proposed move of Harpenden post office
- Credit: Archant
A proposed post office move will be the subject of a customer forum next Wednesday, June 8.
The plan is to move the Harpenden post office from its current location in Station Road to the WHSmith store located in the High Street.
The forum will take place between 3.30pm and 7.45pm at Harpenden Public Halls in Southdown Road.
The relocation would see the post office franchise with WHSmith, providing an extra nine and a half hours of service a week including opening on Sundays.
Roger Gale, general manager of the Post Office Crown Network, said: “We are committed to keeping our services on the high streets, which we know is hugely important to people.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to make changes so that we can continue to do that into the future.”
Existing staff at the Harpenden branch will be able to transfer their employment to WHSmith and options are being discussed with them individually
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Public consultation on the proposals runs until June 22 and customers can take part by phone, online or post.
To give your view and for more information, visit www.postofficeviews.co.uk