Customer forum to be held for proposed move of Harpenden post office
- Credit: Archant
A proposed post office move will be the subject of a customer forum next Wednesday, June 8.
The plan is to move the Harpenden post office from its current location in Station Road to the WHSmith store located in the High Street.
The forum will take place between 3.30pm and 7.45pm at Harpenden Public Halls in Southdown Road.
The relocation would see the post office franchise with WHSmith, providing an extra nine and a half hours of service a week including opening on Sundays.
Roger Gale, general manager of the Post Office Crown Network, said: “We are committed to keeping our services on the high streets, which we know is hugely important to people.
“We need to make changes so that we can continue to do that into the future.”
Existing staff at the Harpenden branch will be able to transfer their employment to WHSmith and options are being discussed with them individually
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
Public consultation on the proposals runs until June 22 and customers can take part by phone, online or post.
To give your view and for more information, visit www.postofficeviews.co.uk