Could you help cover St Albans cardiac screening costs?
- Credit: © James McCauley
A charity is appealing for help to fund heart checks on children and young adults.
Charity Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) raises awareness of heart conditions and offers screening tests.
Each screening test costs £75 so CRY is appealing to local businesses and residents to make donations to ensure that the planned screening goes ahead.
The next St Albans cardiac screening session will be held on October 20 and is open to those aged from 14 to 35.
The subsidised ECG and echocardiogram screening offered will discover any life-threatening cardiac conditions which could cause sudden and premature death.
You may also want to watch:
Any sponsorship or donations made could directly prevent the premature or unnecessary death of a young person.
CRY also offer bereavement support for those who have lost a loved one to a heart condition.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 7 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
The screening will be held at the Samuel Ryder Academy in Drakes Drive.