Could you help cover St Albans cardiac screening costs?
- Credit: © James McCauley
A charity is appealing for help to fund heart checks on children and young adults.
Charity Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) raises awareness of heart conditions and offers screening tests.
Each screening test costs £75 so CRY is appealing to local businesses and residents to make donations to ensure that the planned screening goes ahead.
The next St Albans cardiac screening session will be held on October 20 and is open to those aged from 14 to 35.
The subsidised ECG and echocardiogram screening offered will discover any life-threatening cardiac conditions which could cause sudden and premature death.
You may also want to watch:
Any sponsorship or donations made could directly prevent the premature or unnecessary death of a young person.
CRY also offer bereavement support for those who have lost a loved one to a heart condition.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The screening will be held at the Samuel Ryder Academy in Drakes Drive.