Crowdfunded trees to be planted in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A group which started a crowdfunding page to raise £1,600 to buy trees for Longacres Park, is due to hold a planting ceremony on Saturday.
Despite an initial goal of five trees, Robert Dunster and his team managed to raise enough to buy nine trees for the park, which is situated near to Alban Way.
Robert said: “This project will help improve the green space that is used and loved by so many, protect it from neglect, and offer a safe haven of fun for all residents who enjoy its open spaces and wildlife.
“To raise money we did a lot of door knocking and asked local businesses for participation, so this really is a project of the people and a great success story.”
“There is a lot of support for this green initiative across St.Albans.”
You may also want to watch:
Local people and businesses have been invited to attend a tree planting ceremony at 10.30am on Saturday.
The ceremony will be also be attended by members of St Albans council, who helped advise the group with St Albans community services and Countryside Management Services.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents