Over 60 people compete in St Albans CrossFit tournament
- Credit: Archant
Over 60 competitors fought for glory at the CrossFit St Albans Summer Throwdown contest on Saturday, July 14.
Each same-sex pair had to complete three workouts to test fitness and strength, including a maximum weight barbell movement, rowing for distance and box jumps and burpees.
CrossFit St Albans owner Ben Stacey said: “I’m delighted to be a part of this amazing community of people, who come together to compete, cheer for each other and support one another. That’s what CrossFit is all about.”
In first place was Leo Lundgren and Luke Kelly (Team Factor 50) and the highest-placing women were Carissa Tripi and Jenna Nichols (Two Peas in a WOD).
There was also a competition for best team names.
You may also want to watch:
Particular highlights were ‘Abs-a-glutely Fabul-abs’ and ‘Legs Miserablé’.
But the award went to ‘Cirque de Sore Legs’ team members Andrew Daish and Bradley Fordham.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure