Over 60 people compete in St Albans CrossFit tournament
- Credit: Archant
Over 60 competitors fought for glory at the CrossFit St Albans Summer Throwdown contest on Saturday, July 14.
Each same-sex pair had to complete three workouts to test fitness and strength, including a maximum weight barbell movement, rowing for distance and box jumps and burpees.
CrossFit St Albans owner Ben Stacey said: “I’m delighted to be a part of this amazing community of people, who come together to compete, cheer for each other and support one another. That’s what CrossFit is all about.”
In first place was Leo Lundgren and Luke Kelly (Team Factor 50) and the highest-placing women were Carissa Tripi and Jenna Nichols (Two Peas in a WOD).
There was also a competition for best team names.
You may also want to watch:
Particular highlights were ‘Abs-a-glutely Fabul-abs’ and ‘Legs Miserablé’.
But the award went to ‘Cirque de Sore Legs’ team members Andrew Daish and Bradley Fordham.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Our local wildlife needs your voice!