Crohn’s and Colitis St Albans receive £5,500 donation after winning national competition
- Credit: Archant
A local charity helping to support 300,000 people nationwide with Inflammatory Bowel Disease has received £5,500 after receiving the most votes in a national poll.
Crohn’s and Colitis UK, based on Grosvenor Road in St Albans, collected 35% of the votes and beat four other chosen charities to claim the prize in the competition run by healthcare product distributor Salts Medilink, based in Birmingham.
The public were asked to vote for the five finalists over a nine-month period via social media, advertising and editorial.
Julie Stephens, Corporate Fundraiser at Crohn’s and Colitis UK, said: “I’m delighted that we have won this amazing competition and receive £5,500, one of the largest ever business donations, which will enable us to continue to provide our vital services to patients and their families. “Secondly, I’m extremely proud that we were voted for by the general public who know that we make a difference to an awful lot of people from throughout the UK.
Philip Salt, Salts Health care Chief Executive, said: We wanted the public to make the decisions for us and we’ve been amazed how many votes have been cast showing that all the charities that were nominated, have a very special place in people’s hearts.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted to award this money to Crohn’s and Colitis UK.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall