Did you see a violent attack in French Row?
- Credit: Archant
Bottles were thrown by a group of brawling men embroiled in a fight in the middle of St Albans city centre.
The incident on French Row and High Street started shortly before 1am on Monday July 12.
The group broke up and ran off when police arrived but a number of men involved were detained by officers.
Det Con Paige Carter said: “The incident occurred the same night as the Euro 2020 football final.
“We believe several people who had been in The Snug, or stood outside, will have witnessed it or even tried to separate those involved.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to trace these people as they may have information that could assist our investigation. If you saw this incident please get in touch with us.”
Three men aged 17, 18 and 26 were arrested on suspicion of affray. They have been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
You can email DC Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101 quoting reference 41/52827/21.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit their website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.