Did you see a violent attack in French Row?
- Credit: Archant
Bottles were thrown by a group of brawling men embroiled in a fight in the middle of St Albans city centre.
The incident on French Row and High Street started shortly before 1am on Monday July 12.
The group broke up and ran off when police arrived but a number of men involved were detained by officers.
Det Con Paige Carter said: “The incident occurred the same night as the Euro 2020 football final.
“We believe several people who had been in The Snug, or stood outside, will have witnessed it or even tried to separate those involved.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to trace these people as they may have information that could assist our investigation. If you saw this incident please get in touch with us.”
Three men aged 17, 18 and 26 were arrested on suspicion of affray. They have been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
You can email DC Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101 quoting reference 41/52827/21.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit their website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.