Two men arrested on suspicion of burglary after van filled with high value tools seized
- Credit: St Albans Police on Twitter
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of burglary after being pulled over in a white Vauxhall van in Harpenden.
Police who were on patrol stopped the van on Southdown Road at around 2.30am yesterday (Tuesday, March 30). On speaking to the men in the van, it appeared they had travelled from outside of the area.
The van was searched and the driver and the passenger were arrested.
Officers seized the van, and high value tools, as well as copper and lead, which they found inside.
A 26-year old man from Ilford and a 25-year-old man from East Ham were both arrested on suspicion of burglary and going equipped for theft.
You may also want to watch:
Both men have been released under investigation while further enquiries are carried out.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 3 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 6 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian home on one of St Albans' most prestigious roads
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport