Two charged after police carry out drugs raid in Bardwell Court
- Credit: Google Streetview
Two people have been charged with supplying crack cocaine following a drugs raid in St Albans.
Officers from the Operation Team working alongside the Met Police, Safer Neighbourhood Team and BCH Dogs carried out a major initiative in relation to county line drug dealing within the city on Wednesday.
A vehicle was stopped and two men were arrested for being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.
Officers subsequently conducted a warrant at an address in Bardwell Court, St Albans, under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Two people have now been charged with being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine:
You may also want to watch:
- Abdullahi Omar, 22, from Park Road North in London;
- Abdul Abdullahi, 24, from Priors Croft in London.
Operation Scorpion is a proactive initiative targeting burglars, robbers and those involved in drug and vehicle-related crime.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
This is not the first time the flats have made headlines. In March 2020 a woman in her 30s was taken to hospital after sustaining alleged stab wounds in Bardwell Court.
The victim, who was subsequently located in Cell Barnes Lane, was found to have wounds to her abdomen and was taken to hospital.