Two charged after police carry out drugs raid in Bardwell Court
- Credit: Google Streetview
Two people have been charged with supplying crack cocaine following a drugs raid in St Albans.
Officers from the Operation Scorpion Team working alongside the Met Police, Safer Neighbourhood Team and BCH Dogs carried out a major initiative in relation to county line drug dealing within the city on Wednesday.
A vehicle was stopped and two men were arrested for being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.
Officers subsequently conducted a warrant at an address in Bardwell Court, St Albans, under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Two people have now been charged with being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine:
You may also want to watch:
- Abdullahi Omar, 22, from Park Road North in London;
- Abdul Abdullahi, 24, from Priors Croft in London.
Operation Scorpion is a proactive initiative targeting burglars, robbers and those involved in drug and vehicle-related crime.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
This is not the first time the flats have made headlines. In March 2020 a woman in her 30s was taken to hospital after sustaining alleged stab wounds in Bardwell Court.
The victim, who was subsequently located in Cell Barnes Lane, was found to have wounds to her abdomen and was taken to hospital.