Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- Credit: Google Streetview
A collision between a lorry and a man on a mobility scooter has proved fatal.
The incident occurred at around 3.45pm on Saturday September 11 in Hatfield Road opposite the entrance to Alban Park.
Police attended the scene alongside the fire and ambulance services and road closures were put in place.
The driver of the lorry remained at the scene and assisted officers with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.
The man, aged in his 80s, was taken to hospital for treatment, but has since died.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Neil Crosier, of the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the family of the man who died following this incident.
“We are appealing for anyone who saw, or has dash cam footage of, the collision, or events leading up to it, to please get in touch as it could assist us in establishing the full circumstances of what happened.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
“Additionally, we believe the man on the mobility scooter had travelled from the centre of St Albans to near Alban Park and we’d like to hear from anyone who remembers seeing him on the route that day.
“If you are able to help I can be contacted directly via email at email@example.com”
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report, or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 517 of September 11.