Nine Insulate Britain protestors arrested after disruption on M25
- Credit: David Smith
Several arrests have been made in connection with a protest on the M25 earlier today.
Police were called at 10.26am to reports of Insulate Britian protestors near junction 21A (Bricket Wood) of the M25. By 10.49am, nine people were arrested and taken to custody.
Superintendent Sue Jameson said: “Officers were on the scene within minutes, making swift arrests in order to ensure the safety of all road users.
"We would like to thank affected motorists for their patience whilst officers dealt with the situation.
“These protestors have made it clear that they intend to continue causing disruption nationally. We have robust plans in place in order to minimise any disruption and to allow us to make arrests as quickly as we can.
“Please be assured that a full investigation is underway, and we are working as quickly as possible alongside the CPS and other affected forces to build up the required evidence in each case.”
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 3 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 4 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 6 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 10 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub