Driver dies in London Colney crash
- Credit: Danny Loo
Police have launched an investigation following a fatal road traffic collision near London Colney this morning.
It happened just before 5.30am at the roundabout on the A414, and involved one car – a black Mercedes.
The driver, a man aged in his 70s, passed away at the scene. His family has been informed and are being supported by officers.
Sergeant Sam Cordingley said: “Our thoughts are very much with the family of the driver at this difficult time. We are working to establish the cause of the collision and are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed it to please come forward and speak to us.
“It happened on a main arterial route which many people use to travel to and from work. If you have a dash cam fitted to your vehicle and you were travelling on the A414 in the direction of Hatfield at the time of the collision, please review your footage and get in touch if you believe you have captured a black Mercedes.”
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, talk to one of our Force Communication Room operators via web chat at herts.police.uk/contact, or call the non-emergency number 101 quoting Operation Lantana.
You may also want to watch:
The emergency services have now left the scene but road closures remain in place to allow the highways team to make reparations to a barrier.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public