Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- Credit: SADC
Another teenager has been attacked in Verulamium Park, St Albans.
The incident, which took place at around 6pm on Wednesday July 21, saw a young boy pulled to the ground and strangled, leaving him with bruising and scratch marks on his chest.
The boy's mother said the person who attacked him was white, around 5ft 4ins tall, with short brown hair, wearing a Nike grey, white and black t-shirt, grey shorts and white air force trainers.
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 6.35pm on Wednesday (21 July) to report an assault in St Albans.
"It was reported that around 6pm one boy was assaulted by another boy in Verulamium Park. The victim suffered bruising to his neck after being grabbed.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call 101 quoting reference 41/55989/21."
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images