Crashes causing M1 delays in both directions
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services rushed to deal with crashes on both sides of the M1 this afternoon.
The first collision happened at 1.25pm, with Bedfordshire Police called to the crash between junctions ten and 11 on the northbound carriageway.
A car and a truck were involved in the incident, which caused lane closures and traffic jams as far back as St Albans.
Highways England currently estimate driving delays to be around 30 minutes.
Then, at 3pm, officers were called back to junctions ten and 11 to deal with a crash on the southbound carriageway - two vehicles were also involved in this incident.
You may also want to watch:
Two lanes on the motorway are currently closed and Bedfordshire Police say congestion is building behind the scene.
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides