Crashes causing M1 delays in both directions
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services rushed to deal with crashes on both sides of the M1 this afternoon.
The first collision happened at 1.25pm, with Bedfordshire Police called to the crash between junctions ten and 11 on the northbound carriageway.
A car and a truck were involved in the incident, which caused lane closures and traffic jams as far back as St Albans.
Highways England currently estimate driving delays to be around 30 minutes.
Then, at 3pm, officers were called back to junctions ten and 11 to deal with a crash on the southbound carriageway - two vehicles were also involved in this incident.
You may also want to watch:
Two lanes on the motorway are currently closed and Bedfordshire Police say congestion is building behind the scene.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 9 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament