Crashes causing M1 delays in both directions
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services rushed to deal with crashes on both sides of the M1 this afternoon.
The first collision happened at 1.25pm, with Bedfordshire Police called to the crash between junctions ten and 11 on the northbound carriageway.
A car and a truck were involved in the incident, which caused lane closures and traffic jams as far back as St Albans.
Highways England currently estimate driving delays to be around 30 minutes.
Then, at 3pm, officers were called back to junctions ten and 11 to deal with a crash on the southbound carriageway - two vehicles were also involved in this incident.
Two lanes on the motorway are currently closed and Bedfordshire Police say congestion is building behind the scene.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 'Risky' new plans to transform St Albans city centre for a post-pandemic world