Man and woman seriously hurt in M25 crash near Watford
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has landed at the scene of the crash on the M25 near Watford where a man and woman have suffered serious injuries.
The accident involves a Citroen C3, a Nissan Qashqai and a lorry near to junction 20 of the M25 clockwise, near Kings Langley.
The occupants of the Citroen, an elderly man and woman, have suffered serious injuries.
They have been taken to hospital for treatment.
Officers remain at the scene and the road will be closed for a number of hours to allow a full investigation to be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
They are working to clear some of the congested traffic and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Traffic is being diverted via the A41 and A405, to leave at junction 19 and rejoin the M25 at junction 21a, and Highways England is estimating an hour delay for drivers.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Witnesses to the collision who have not yet spoken to police officers should call 101 with reference ISR 290 of March 27.