Man and woman seriously hurt in M25 crash near Watford
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has landed at the scene of the crash on the M25 near Watford where a man and woman have suffered serious injuries.
The accident involves a Citroen C3, a Nissan Qashqai and a lorry near to junction 20 of the M25 clockwise, near Kings Langley.
The occupants of the Citroen, an elderly man and woman, have suffered serious injuries.
They have been taken to hospital for treatment.
Officers remain at the scene and the road will be closed for a number of hours to allow a full investigation to be carried out.
They are working to clear some of the congested traffic and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Traffic is being diverted via the A41 and A405, to leave at junction 19 and rejoin the M25 at junction 21a, and Highways England is estimating an hour delay for drivers.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Woman 'sexually assaulted by two men' near River Lea in Wheathampstead
Witnesses to the collision who have not yet spoken to police officers should call 101 with reference ISR 290 of March 27.