Man and woman seriously hurt in M25 crash near Watford
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has landed at the scene of the crash on the M25 near Watford where a man and woman have suffered serious injuries.
The accident involves a Citroen C3, a Nissan Qashqai and a lorry near to junction 20 of the M25 clockwise, near Kings Langley.
The occupants of the Citroen, an elderly man and woman, have suffered serious injuries.
They have been taken to hospital for treatment.
Officers remain at the scene and the road will be closed for a number of hours to allow a full investigation to be carried out.
They are working to clear some of the congested traffic and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Traffic is being diverted via the A41 and A405, to leave at junction 19 and rejoin the M25 at junction 21a, and Highways England is estimating an hour delay for drivers.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
Witnesses to the collision who have not yet spoken to police officers should call 101 with reference ISR 290 of March 27.