Man and woman seriously hurt in M25 crash near Watford
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has landed at the scene of the crash on the M25 near Watford where a man and woman have suffered serious injuries.
The accident involves a Citroen C3, a Nissan Qashqai and a lorry near to junction 20 of the M25 clockwise, near Kings Langley.
The occupants of the Citroen, an elderly man and woman, have suffered serious injuries.
They have been taken to hospital for treatment.
Officers remain at the scene and the road will be closed for a number of hours to allow a full investigation to be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
They are working to clear some of the congested traffic and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Traffic is being diverted via the A41 and A405, to leave at junction 19 and rejoin the M25 at junction 21a, and Highways England is estimating an hour delay for drivers.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Witnesses to the collision who have not yet spoken to police officers should call 101 with reference ISR 290 of March 27.