Crash on A414 near St Albans - Update
A WOMAN was taken to hospital this morning (Wednesday) following a crash on the A414 in St Albans.
Numerous 999 calls were received by the emergency services at around 7.50am, following the collision near to the turn off for Colney Heath Lane.
Two vehicles, a silver Vauxhall Vectra and a red Alpha Romeo, were involved.
The East of England Ambulance Service and fire crews from St Albans also attended.
Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “A woman was placed on a spinal board as a precautionary measure by paramedics, before she was taken to Watford General Hospital for further care.”
Her injuries are deemed to be minor.
Recovery services arrived at the scene shortly before 9.30am and police left at around 9.35am.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
The incident caused heavy traffic in the area, which tailed back onto the A1M.