Crash on A414 near St Albans - Update
A WOMAN was taken to hospital this morning (Wednesday) following a crash on the A414 in St Albans.
Numerous 999 calls were received by the emergency services at around 7.50am, following the collision near to the turn off for Colney Heath Lane.
Two vehicles, a silver Vauxhall Vectra and a red Alpha Romeo, were involved.
The East of England Ambulance Service and fire crews from St Albans also attended.
Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “A woman was placed on a spinal board as a precautionary measure by paramedics, before she was taken to Watford General Hospital for further care.”
You may also want to watch:
Her injuries are deemed to be minor.
Recovery services arrived at the scene shortly before 9.30am and police left at around 9.35am.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The incident caused heavy traffic in the area, which tailed back onto the A1M.