Crash on A414 near St Albans - Update
A WOMAN was taken to hospital this morning (Wednesday) following a crash on the A414 in St Albans.
Numerous 999 calls were received by the emergency services at around 7.50am, following the collision near to the turn off for Colney Heath Lane.
Two vehicles, a silver Vauxhall Vectra and a red Alpha Romeo, were involved.
The East of England Ambulance Service and fire crews from St Albans also attended.
Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “A woman was placed on a spinal board as a precautionary measure by paramedics, before she was taken to Watford General Hospital for further care.”
You may also want to watch:
Her injuries are deemed to be minor.
Recovery services arrived at the scene shortly before 9.30am and police left at around 9.35am.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
The incident caused heavy traffic in the area, which tailed back onto the A1M.