Court orders dog owner to keep animal under control
A DOG owner has been made the subject of a court order after a number of incidents last year. The Weimaraner attacked other dogs in Colney Heath which was reported to both police and St Albans District Council s animal warden. Despite warnings and advice
A DOG owner has been made the subject of a court order after a number of incidents last year.
The Weimaraner attacked other dogs in Colney Heath which was reported to both police and St Albans District Council's animal warden.
Despite warnings and advice from the warden, more incidents occurred and the owner was summonsed to court.
Last week St Albans Magistrates made the owner the subject of a court order with control measures which included muzzling the dog in a public place, having it on a lead in a public place and being walked by a person over 18.
Police Sergeant Mark Andrews of the London Colney Neighbourhood Team said: "I am pleased with the outcome of this hearing and I hope the owner now takes responsibility for keeping their dog under control seriously. I also hope this sends a strong message to other owners in the area and they keep their dogs in control in a public place."
St Albans council's portfolio holder for community engagement, Cllr Anthony Rowlands, added: "If irresponsible owners refuse to heed advice then it is right that the council's animal warden service seeks a court order to impose control measures.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 10 MP condemns government over BBC threat