Mercedes driver failed to stop after St Albans accident
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The driver of a Mercedes has been fined after she failed to stop at the scene of an accident in St Albans.
Fozia Yaqub, 27, appeared at St Albans Magistrates’ Court on January 7.
She had previously denied driving without due care and attention and failing to stop at the scene of an accident, but later changed her plea to guilty for both charges.
The court heard how she had been driving a Mercedes A180 in the car park in Bricket Road without due care and attention in that she collided with a parked blue BMW while trying to park.
No-one was in the BMW at the time.
You may also want to watch:
Damage was caused to the BMW, but Yaqub failed to stop at the scene of the accident.
Yaqub, of Mansfield Road in Luton, was fined £320.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
She was ordered to pay victim services £32 and £300 court costs.
Five penalty points were added to her licence.