Mercedes driver failed to stop after St Albans accident
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The driver of a Mercedes has been fined after she failed to stop at the scene of an accident in St Albans.
Fozia Yaqub, 27, appeared at St Albans Magistrates’ Court on January 7.
She had previously denied driving without due care and attention and failing to stop at the scene of an accident, but later changed her plea to guilty for both charges.
The court heard how she had been driving a Mercedes A180 in the car park in Bricket Road without due care and attention in that she collided with a parked blue BMW while trying to park.
No-one was in the BMW at the time.
Damage was caused to the BMW, but Yaqub failed to stop at the scene of the accident.
Yaqub, of Mansfield Road in Luton, was fined £320.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
She was ordered to pay victim services £32 and £300 court costs.
Five penalty points were added to her licence.