Mercedes driver failed to stop after St Albans accident
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The driver of a Mercedes has been fined after she failed to stop at the scene of an accident in St Albans.
Fozia Yaqub, 27, appeared at St Albans Magistrates’ Court on January 7.
She had previously denied driving without due care and attention and failing to stop at the scene of an accident, but later changed her plea to guilty for both charges.
The court heard how she had been driving a Mercedes A180 in the car park in Bricket Road without due care and attention in that she collided with a parked blue BMW while trying to park.
No-one was in the BMW at the time.
Damage was caused to the BMW, but Yaqub failed to stop at the scene of the accident.
Yaqub, of Mansfield Road in Luton, was fined £320.
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Try-happy Cents brings grand final success and leaves coach thrilled
She was ordered to pay victim services £32 and £300 court costs.
Five penalty points were added to her licence.