Couple robbed in London Colney
A COUPLE in their 60s were robbed during a “violent attack” in London Colney at the weekend.
The incident occurred in Acorn Court, off Beningfield Drive, between midnight and 12.10am on Sunday.
The couple were entering the communal door to the block of flats when two men forced their way in and pushed them both to the floor.
Whilst the couple were on the floor, the man was punched and one of the offenders took a Cartier gold watch and a diamond bracelet from the woman’s wrists.
One of the offenders was described as a mixed race man, in his mid twenties, of slim build, around 5ft 11in tall and clean shaven, with brown eyes.
You may also want to watch:
PC Scott Curran from the St Albans Local Crime Unit said: “This is a frightening and violent attack. Fortunately the couple weren’t seriously injured.
“I would be extremely keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the couple being followed prior to the incident, or if you saw the incident take place or the offenders running from the scene.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Anyone with information is asked to call the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.