Couple robbed in London Colney
A COUPLE in their 60s were robbed during a “violent attack” in London Colney at the weekend.
The incident occurred in Acorn Court, off Beningfield Drive, between midnight and 12.10am on Sunday.
The couple were entering the communal door to the block of flats when two men forced their way in and pushed them both to the floor.
Whilst the couple were on the floor, the man was punched and one of the offenders took a Cartier gold watch and a diamond bracelet from the woman’s wrists.
One of the offenders was described as a mixed race man, in his mid twenties, of slim build, around 5ft 11in tall and clean shaven, with brown eyes.
PC Scott Curran from the St Albans Local Crime Unit said: “This is a frightening and violent attack. Fortunately the couple weren’t seriously injured.
“I would be extremely keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the couple being followed prior to the incident, or if you saw the incident take place or the offenders running from the scene.”
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
Anyone with information is asked to call the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.