Couple robbed in London Colney
A COUPLE in their 60s were robbed during a “violent attack” in London Colney at the weekend.
The incident occurred in Acorn Court, off Beningfield Drive, between midnight and 12.10am on Sunday.
The couple were entering the communal door to the block of flats when two men forced their way in and pushed them both to the floor.
Whilst the couple were on the floor, the man was punched and one of the offenders took a Cartier gold watch and a diamond bracelet from the woman’s wrists.
One of the offenders was described as a mixed race man, in his mid twenties, of slim build, around 5ft 11in tall and clean shaven, with brown eyes.
You may also want to watch:
PC Scott Curran from the St Albans Local Crime Unit said: “This is a frightening and violent attack. Fortunately the couple weren’t seriously injured.
“I would be extremely keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the couple being followed prior to the incident, or if you saw the incident take place or the offenders running from the scene.”
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Anyone with information is asked to call the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.