Diamond couple mark milestone anniversary
- Credit: Dawn Jarvis
A Wheathampstead couple are preparing to celebrate 60 years of marriage.
Christine and Don Field, who live in Butterfield Road, will be marking their diamond anniversary on September 6.
Daughter Dawn Jarvis, who moved opposite her parents in 1998, said: "My mother has lived in Wheathampstead the majority of her life and is now 81. Her mother owned the Three Oaks pub on Nomansland and this is where my dad met her.
"My dad lived in Harpenden before moving to Wheathampstead. He has been a local builder and decorator for many years and still works today at the age of 83."
The couple has been extensively involved in the local community, with Don running Wheathampstead Cricket Colts and Christine a ranger for the football fields on Old School Drive.
You may also want to watch:
They have three children, two daughters and a son, one grand daughter and three grandsons.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans