Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- Credit: Goldie family
A St Albans couple celebrated 60 years of marriage this week.
Ruth and Eric Goldie, who live in the St Stephens area of the city, cut an anniversary cake in the garden of their home and enjoyed it with Champagne and their children David and Lorna.
The couple said they were overwhelmed by the number of cards they received from friends and family.
The pair have lived in St Albans for 49 years, and as keen golfers have both been captains at Verulam Golf Club.
They have five grandchildren. Due to Parkinson's disease, Ruth is now resident at Alban Manor Nursing Home but the couple continue to spend as much time together as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Eric said: "Time passes so quickly, but the wedding day remains as clear as ever. The little anniversary party was held on a perfect day in our garden, Ruth's first visit home since entering the care home a year ago, which was to her obvious delight."
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space