Country stars The Shires to perform live for St Albans’ Radio Verulam
- Credit: photo supplied
A St Albans radio presenter is “delighted” that UK country pop duo The Shires has agreed to perform live on his show on Friday (15).
Danny Smith, who presents West Herts Drivetime for Radio Verulam from the station’s city centre location, said: “I’ve just had it confirmed today (Wednesday) that The Shires will be performing live on my show on Friday.
“Given their prominence on the Radio 2 playlist and their top 10 album, this is something of a coup for me and the show!
“They will be on the show during the second hour, from 5.30pm.”
One-half of the duo, Ben Earle, moved to St Albans about three-and-a-half-years ago, and has previously told the Herts Advertiser the city is a huge source of inspiration.
You may also want to watch:
Danny said: “When I first heard The Shires I was immediately drawn to their authentic country style. When I discovered that, not only are they from the UK but hail from the local area, I was hooked.
“I am delighted that they’re coming onto my show to perform live and I’ll be asking them why their current song mentions the Mason Dixon Line and not the Nickey Line!”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'