Country stars The Shires to perform live for St Albans’ Radio Verulam
- Credit: photo supplied
A St Albans radio presenter is “delighted” that UK country pop duo The Shires has agreed to perform live on his show on Friday (15).
Danny Smith, who presents West Herts Drivetime for Radio Verulam from the station’s city centre location, said: “I’ve just had it confirmed today (Wednesday) that The Shires will be performing live on my show on Friday.
“Given their prominence on the Radio 2 playlist and their top 10 album, this is something of a coup for me and the show!
“They will be on the show during the second hour, from 5.30pm.”
One-half of the duo, Ben Earle, moved to St Albans about three-and-a-half-years ago, and has previously told the Herts Advertiser the city is a huge source of inspiration.
You may also want to watch:
Danny said: “When I first heard The Shires I was immediately drawn to their authentic country style. When I discovered that, not only are they from the UK but hail from the local area, I was hooked.
“I am delighted that they’re coming onto my show to perform live and I’ll be asking them why their current song mentions the Mason Dixon Line and not the Nickey Line!”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order