Countdown is on for first Jingle Bell Jog
GROVE House had a surprise visitor this week – on his way to the grotto at the Inn on the Park for Sunday s Jingle Bell Jog. Father Christmas called in at the hospice en route to the park caf� where he will be in residence from 10am to 1pm on Sunday. The
GROVE House had a surprise visitor this week - on his way to the grotto at the Inn on the Park for Sunday's Jingle Bell Jog.
Father Christmas called in at the hospice en route to the park caf� where he will be in residence from 10am to 1pm on Sunday.
The grotto is part of the first-ever Jingle Bell Jog which takes place at 11am.
It will include a gentle jog around the lake for families with young children and a slightly longer 3K run for more serious runners. In addition there will be a festive market.
You may also want to watch:
Children's TV performer Sarah Jane Honeywell, star of the Alban Arena's The Little Mermaid pantomime, will be starting of the event.
Paul Parrish, fundraising director for Grove House, said: "We are delighted that Sarah Jane has agreed to come along and start our first-ever Jingle Bell Jog. We hope as many local people as possible will come along to support our first-ever festive run.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
"Events such as the Jingle Bell Jog are of vital importance for Grove House Hospice in a bid to raise the �1.5 million we need each year to operate."
Children taking part in the event will be given reindeer ears and adults will be provided with Santa suits.
To sign up for the jog ring Santa's little helper Sannah on 01727 731002 or alternatively just turn up on the day.