St Albans over-60s offered counselling
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Two charities are working together to help over-60s with emotional support in St Albans during the pandemic.
The Old People’s Trust and The Counselling Foundation are offering a listening ear to anybody over 60.
The trust has recognised the positive impact that emotional support can bring and awarded The Counselling Foundation a grant to deliver counselling via phone or online video.
Kate Newton, grants manager at The Old People’s Trust, said: “At this difficult time for everyone, especially the elderly, the trust recognises that there are many older people who are anxious and distressed and could benefit from counselling.”
The foundation is able to offer support by a trained listener to help with a range of issues including health anxieties, bereavement and family relationship difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
For more information e-mail email@example.com
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land