Council campaign encourages St Albans residents to register to vote
- Credit: Archant
St Albans residents are reminded to register to vote in elections in a campaign backed by the district council.
The #OnYourDoorstep campaign is intended to raise awareness of how easy it is to register and have your say, and to highlight how the elections concern issues taking place ‘on your doorstep’.
The campaign, which was started by the Electoral Commission, is being launched on Tuesday, March 7 with TV adverts and on social media through simultaneous tweets and Facebook posts.
The district council is supporting the campaign through website banners, social media posts, article and posters.
Elections are being held for Hertfordshire county council on Thursday, May 4. To be able to vote, residents will have to be registered by midnight on Thursday, April 13.
You may also want to watch:
All 78 county council seats are up for election, including 10 in the St Albans district.
Michael Lovelady, electoral registration officer for St Albans, said: “Anyone not yet registered to vote should do so as soon as possible so they can have their say on issues that affect their day-to-day lives.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
“Please register to vote. It only takes a few minutes to complete the form and register to vote online. Don’t miss out.”
To register go to www.gov.uk/register-to-vote