Could Harpenden dad be Ultimate Hero?
A DAD from Harpenden is battling to become the Ultimate Family Hero, after being nominated for the title by his son.
Sam Bowden, 10, nominated his father, Ed Bowden (pictured above), 39, for the competition, which could see the family win a Volkswagen Touran and �5,000 for his sons’ school, and he is now down to the final three.
Ed, of Aplins Close, was set a secret challenge by the competition sponsors, Volkswagen, to prepare the Ultimate Family Picnic and film it. He was given a Touran and a camera to film him and his family enjoying the car and later a camera crew filmed him organising and enjoying the picnic.
The results have now been edited into a video that can be viewed online and viewers have the chance vote for him to become the Ultimate Family Hero.
Ed, who works as a web content manager, said: “Filming the video was a lot of fun and I hope that people will go along and vote for the video because it’s a vote for the school and could help us get a brand new car.”
You may also want to watch:
Votes can be cast over the next month and if Ed is declared the winner, Roundwood Primary School will win the �5,000 which acting headteacher, Suzanne Webb, has said would be used to provide playground equipment for the school’s Key Stage 2 children.
To view the video and vote for Ed, visit www.ultimatefamilyhero.co.uk/ed
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant