Could Harpenden dad be Ultimate Hero?
A DAD from Harpenden is battling to become the Ultimate Family Hero, after being nominated for the title by his son.
Sam Bowden, 10, nominated his father, Ed Bowden (pictured above), 39, for the competition, which could see the family win a Volkswagen Touran and �5,000 for his sons’ school, and he is now down to the final three.
Ed, of Aplins Close, was set a secret challenge by the competition sponsors, Volkswagen, to prepare the Ultimate Family Picnic and film it. He was given a Touran and a camera to film him and his family enjoying the car and later a camera crew filmed him organising and enjoying the picnic.
The results have now been edited into a video that can be viewed online and viewers have the chance vote for him to become the Ultimate Family Hero.
Ed, who works as a web content manager, said: “Filming the video was a lot of fun and I hope that people will go along and vote for the video because it’s a vote for the school and could help us get a brand new car.”
You may also want to watch:
Votes can be cast over the next month and if Ed is declared the winner, Roundwood Primary School will win the �5,000 which acting headteacher, Suzanne Webb, has said would be used to provide playground equipment for the school’s Key Stage 2 children.
To view the video and vote for Ed, visit www.ultimatefamilyhero.co.uk/ed
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities